Public Affairs Section
P.O. Box 1379
Majuro, Republic of the Marshall Islands, MH 96960
U.S. Embassy Majuro – Call for Small Grant Proposals
U.S. Embassy Majuro is soliciting proposals for our 2021 Small Grants Program. Only non-government organization (NGOs) operating in the Republic of the Marshall Islands are eligible to apply. Grants under this award are capped at $10,000.00. The deadline for grant submissions is Monday, August 30, 2021.
Priority is given to grants that advance democratic practices, including development of civil society; foster freedom of information and independent media; increase transparency in government; support NGO capacity building; advance rule of law and judicial reform; promote civic education; encourage conflict resolution; prioritize human rights; and/or advocate for equal rights for ethnic minorities or women.
- Grant proposals may include modest administrative expense, like honoraria/partial salaries of grant implementers, but only when they are directly linked to conducting the specific grant. Long-term infrastructure costs or “overhead” expenses are not acceptable.
- Grant funds may not be used for food and drink expenses.
- Grant funds may be used to train trainers, but they may not be used to provide direct social services.
- Grant funds may be used for seminars and workshops, but proposals must describe the expected audience, content, timeframe, budget, and justify the activity in terms of outcome and benefits to shared United States and Republic of the Marshall Islands values.
- Grant funds may be used for the publication of material, but proposals must describe the audience, content, and means of distribution.
- Grant funds are payable to organizations that demonstrate long-term sustainability beyond the proposal program activity. Third country organizations and individuals are not eligible.
To apply for grant funding applicants must provide the following information:
- Name of project
- Amount requested
- Grantee Organization
- Name of organization
- Contact information (phone, email)
- Project description
- Detailed budget
- Intended outcomes
- How to monitor success of the grant project
Should you require more information, please contact Evelyn R Jeadrik (247-4011) or write firstname.lastname@example.org