Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Majuro, Marshall Islands (April 3, 2023)
Location: Republic of the Marshall Islands, countrywide
Event: The RMI has declared a state of emergency due to the suspension of Asia Pacific Airlines, the primary air freight cargo carrier for the county. This suspension has led to a shortage of necessary medical supplies and medications available at hospitals and from doctors. Until regular air freight service is reestablished, visitors should anticipate a limited availability of medical supplies.
Actions to Take:
- Ensure you have sufficient medicine before traveling.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Make contingency plans to leave in event of emergency.
- Get medical evacuation insurance – medical evacuations from RMI to Hawaii start at $50,000.
- Monitor local news for updates for when cargo flights might restart.
- U.S. Embassy Majuro, Marshall Islands
Phone number: 692-247-4011
Email address: MajConsular@state.gov
- U.S. Embassy in Marshall Islands (usembassy.gov)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- RMI Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter