Location: Republic of the Marshall Islands
Event: Please note that this message contains no new information since our last transmitted message.
There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI).
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The United Airlines Island Hopper is only scheduled for two flights from the RMI between now and May 3. This includes an eastbound flight to Honolulu on April 13, and a westbound flight to Guam on April 14. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The government of the RMI has implemented measures to prevent the introduction of COVID-19. This includes the suspension of all incoming international travelers via air until April 5, 2020. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. All domestic passenger air travel between Kwajalein and Majuro is suspended on international airlines. Air travel between Kwajalein and Majuro is only permitted on Air Marshall Islands. All cruise ships are suspended from visiting the RMI until further notice. Visit the Facebook page of the Ministry of Health and Human Services for additional information on these measures.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the RMI.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Majuro
Mejen Weto, Ocean Side
Majuro, Republic of the Marshall Islands
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-444
- Republic of the Marshall Islands Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook