The Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) has issued travel restrictions for all persons travelling via air or sea from the People’s Republic of China, Macau, or Hong Kong. Travelers arriving from these areas will be denied entry into the Marshall Islands until March 2, 2020. Please click here for the January 31, 2020, RMI Health Travel Advisory and Restriction.
In addition, as of February 2, 2020, the Government of RMI requires copies of voyage itineraries of all sea vessels two weeks in advance of arrival in the RMI. Please click here for the RMI Notice to Shipping Agents.
Please note that on December 20, 2019, the Government of RMI announced a Travel Advisory regarding protection against measles importation to RMI, including incoming passenger requirements to show evidence of up-to-date measles vaccination or certification of measles immunity. Please click here for the full RMI Travel Advisory regarding measles.
Travelers should be prepared for additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical care right away, if you traveled to Wuhan and feel sick or were exposed to someone who was in Wuhan in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- U.S. Embassy Majuro, Marshall Islands
Phone number: +692 246-4011
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Marshall Islands Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook